Sunday 15 March 2015

The Good Gaon - Gurgaon

A city of rapid development, industrial and financial center of Haryana, Gurgaon. A hub for many companies,  populated with the young crowd, malls, newly constructed apartments, to me all sounds good.

After my husband bagged a better opportunity, we were ready to move to the new city, Gurgaon. Me having my first baby, moved to my mom's place and my husband headed to the new exploration. When he reached there, i was all ears to hear all good things about the new place and my new home. He started:

"What a city!!"

Me: OKAYY

"It's extremely hot and extremely humid here"

Me: OKAY

"Real estate rates are skyrocketting"

Me: OKAy

"There are not many kiosks around. For daily needs, you either go to malls or pay thrice in scarcely located kiosks."

Me: OKay

"Power cuts are normal in entire city. That too for more than 8 hours."

Me: Okay

"There is water problem almost in entire city."

ME: okay

Speechless i was!!!

Well, when I was to move to Pune from Hyderabad after my wedding, my husband had told me: "Pune is an awesome city. Weather is just too good. Real estate rates are fine. Our house is very spacious and has beautiful terrace. There is no electricity problem or water problem. Everything you need is at walking distance."

Waiting to get more or less similar reactions, i was a bit shocked. Few of my relatives and friends stay there. But i have never heard so many problems at one time. So,I am not sure what to hear and what to believe. I was not sure if these problems really persist or was it just the heat of summer.

Well, i am soon to go back from my super extended vacation to this new city. I don't know how good a gaon - Gurgaon will be for me but am sure that i will make this new city my new home. Wish me luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment