Wednesday 18 March 2015

Kids, Parents and Electronics!

If not all, many parent would agree to me, that more than anything, they hate their kids using TV/Laptops/Tablets/mobile phones but still they are dependent on them. I am no different. I don't want my child to use any of these electronic equipments, more I ask her to use.

We have shrunk down from joint family to nuclear families. I personally feel that it is for better as I wonder if anyone wants to compromise on their way of living and adjust with a big family. I can't. But at the same time, looking at my child, who is so dependent on these electronic gadgets, I wonder if I am in loss?

When we are at my place, I don't get to use my phone. She doesn't even take or make any important calls. She is barely three but she takes charge of it. She knows how to open/go to YouTube/her games. I personally feel, it's nothing to be proud off. I am actually sorry about exposing her to this field at this early age. If not phone, she wants her channel or she wants the tablet or laptop to sit and keep her entertained. Her toys just lie around, untouched, not-played-with.

I take the responsibility of having done the harm at this early age. My work, my house, lack of people around and concern for her safety(as if she is not busy, she will be doing something and if I am not watching, you never know!)

Whenever we visit our relatives' place, the same girl who can't live without phone/TV/Laptop/Tablet wouldn't even look at it. She doesn't stop playing till she actually drops down on bed and sleep through the night. She wakes up on time, eats right and laugh a lot. She is definitely a very very happy kid in her cousins group. Friends' group at my place has a limitation of time, as she can meet them just for an hour or so but with cousins, being at same house, you play alllll the time. They read together, learn together, eat together, laugh together, cry together, fight a lot...together and play..play..play!

I hardly need to handle her, she gets handle all by herself. But of course, that is temporary as when we are back to the square one, she gets back to her electronic gadgets and me wondering...if I am growing her the right way?

Signing off, 
Mrs. Ranjan

No comments:

Post a Comment