Monday 16 March 2015

Re-issue of Passport!

 Reissue of passport is an easy affair these days. But there are rules which you need to follow. When I did it for my wife, we had some issues with her re-issue of passport, under the tatkal scheme.

Let me elaborate the problem:

My wife had to re-issue her passport and we really needed urgently. Luckily, government provides a 'tatkal' option which delivers the passport really fast. This is what I have heard and read all over the net. Document required was very very minimal in case of reissue.

Our case was:

> Expiry of passport with in a year,
> Address change
> Addition of spouse name!

For all these the basic document required was:

> Permanent address proof,
> Marriage Certificate,
> 10th certificate,
> Passport photocopy!

The catch here is that the permanent address proof should be on the name of my wife. Something on my name and the marriage certificate doesn't work in case of tatkal process. It might work for normal process.

We got stuck here and we had to produce an evidence on her name, reschedule the appointment, which is still under process.

So, whoever is going to apply for a "TATKAL PASSPORT",  make sure the person who is applying(if address change is required), address proof must be on his/her name. That's a must!



No comments:

Post a Comment